According to top medical doctors, scientists, and nutritionists, it is completely possible to reverse type 2 diabetes. But millions of people are being told that diabetes is a condition that they have to live with for the rest of their life.
Luckily there’s good news! You can easily and naturally reverse type 2 diabetes and improve type 1 diabetes.
The latest statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reveal that diabetes has grown to “epidemic” proportions. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) reports that:
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death
- 23.6 million Americans have diabetes
- 57 million Americans are pre-diabetic
- 1.6 new cases of diabetes are reported each year
- Almost 1 in 4 of people over age 60 have diabetes
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, blindness, and nervous system disorders
- Diabetes increases heart attack risk
- 75% of adults with diabetes will develop high blood pressure
- Diabetes totally costs $245 billion annually
Foods You Must Remove to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
It rapidly spikes blood glucose and fruit juice, soda, and other sugary beverages are the worst. They can cause extreme elevations in blood glucose because these forms of sugar rapidly enter the blood stream. If you are looking for best natural sweetener then stevia is the best option. Marple syrup and honey can also affect blood sugar.
Conventional cow’s milk
People who suffer from type 1 diabetes should especially eliminate the conventional cow’s milk. It is because casein from conventional cows triggers an immune response similar to gluten and harms the body. If you buy diary, only purchase organic and raw from pasture raised goats or sheep.
They are loaded with carbohydrates, especially grains like wheat, which are broken down into sugar within a few minutes of consumption. It is well known that gluten can cause intestinal inflammation which affects hormones like leptin and cortisol, and can lead to spikes in blood sugar.
It can increase blood sugar to dangerous levels and lead to liver toxicity. Sweet liquors and beer are high in carbohydrates and should be avoided.
GMO soy, canola, and corn have been linked to liver and kidney disease and may promote diabetes. Remove all GMO foods from your diet. Also, remove all packaged foods, hydrogenated oils including soybean oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, and cottonseed oil.
Top Foods to Treat Diabetes
If you want to reverse type 2 diabetes or prevent diabetes add the following foods into your diet.
- Foods high in chromium
Broccoli, green beans, grass-fed beef and raw cheese, are all high in chromium.They can naturally balance out blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance factor (GTF) in your body.
- High fiber foods
They help slow down the absorption of glucose. Take at least 30g of fiber per day from avocados, vegetables, berries, seeds, and nuts.
They are found in red palm and coconut oil and can help balance blood sugar levels.
- Low glycemic foods
Foods with a low glycemic load tend to not spike blood sugar as much as high glycemic foods. They include vegetables, seeds, avocados, nuts, coconut, eggs, organic meat, raw pastured dairy and wild caught fish.
Wild-caught fish also reduce inflammation due to the high content of omega-3 fats. This can reduce some of the negative effects of elevated blood glucose.
Herbs like cinnamon, parsley, and turmeric, may also help balance blood sugar levels.
Easy Steps to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Get Insulin Problems Under Control– Regaining proper insulin sensitivity can help reverse type 2 diabetes because diabetes is triggered by insulin resistance. Eat more healthy fats, proteins, and green vegetables instead of processed carbohydrates, sugars, and grains.
- Get Your Fats in Good Balance– Excess Omega-6 fats in the diet contributes diabetes. Balance your intake of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats and get them to a 1:1 ratio.
- Fix your Gut– Toxins and grains facilitate leaky gut syndrome. Antibiotic use, poor diet or being bottle fed as a baby can reduce the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Avoid toxins as much as you can and remove the grains. Try to take high-quality probiotics in to have healthy intestines.
- Exercise– it increases the ability of muscles to use insulin and therefore it can over time fix insulin resistance. A better effect on insulin levels have smaller amounts of high-intensity exercise.
- Lose Excess Weight– Diabetes and Obesity often go hand in hand. Losing weight lowers your risk of getting diabetes and helps to mitigate it. So it’s not surprising that it can also reverse diabetes.
- Reduce Stress– Stress raises cortisol, increases the risk for certain types of disease and can lead to insulin issues and hormone imbalance. Try to reduce your emotional and mental and get quality sleep every night.
- Take Supplements– They can be very helpful to heal your body from diabetes. Supplements that help with diabetes symptoms are
- Chromium Picolinate – 600 mcg daily
- Cinnamon – 2 tablespoons daily
- Omega-3 fatty acids – 1.000 mg daily
- Fiber Powder – 10 grams
- Alpha lipoic acid – 300-1200 mg daily
- Coenzyme Q10
- Bitter melon
- Green coffee extract
- Gymnema sylvestre.